Atlantic Bulk Carriers Management Ltd. has determined that it shall operate its vessels in a manner that is friendly to the environment and ensures the safety of people and property.
To fulfil its objectives, the Company is committed to:
- Establish and insist upon safe operating practices and provide safe and healthy working conditions, including control of the use of alcohol and drugs on board managed vessels.
- Require and ensure that its employees comply with safety regulations at all times and take all necessary precautions to protect themselves and their fellow workers.
- Provide the ship’s Master with all necessary authority and support to prepare and respond to emergencies.
- Be sensitive and responsive to public concerns about marine transportation and its side effects on the environment.
- Provide information, instruction, training and visits/audits/inspections that are necessary to avoid damage to the environment or property as well as to ensure the health and safety at work of employees.
- Continuously improve the safety management skills of personnel ashore and aboard ships, including preparing for emergencies related to safety, health and environmental protection.
- Prevent pollution and reduce emissions and waste, as far as practicable, by complying with all relevant laws and regulations.
- Comply with all applicable legal and other requirements in order to ensure that the design, construction and condition of all equipment and machinery used is safe and suitable for their purpose and that it is operated by qualified personnel.
- Apply recognized industry standards, when appropriate.
- Work in co-operation with manufacturers, shippers and vendors to enhance the safe transportation of products and to minimize any pollution resulting from all Company’s operations.
- Make its experience available to the authorities and regulatory bodies to assist in the formulation of laws, regulations and standards to safeguard the work place, the community and the environment.
- Establish safeguards against all identified risks and preparing for possible hazardous situations.
- Fully cooperate with public authorities and others to mitigate the effects of accidents which may occur.
This policy is reviewed for its continuing suitability whenever necessary as well as in the Management Reviews and is available to the public and the Company’s customers, vendors and suppliers.